Our main program, Fundango, is a respite program for all children (ages 6 months to 16 years of age) of foster, adoptive, and kinship parents in Northern Colorado. Screened and trained staff and volunteers lead groups of children through our six stations after being served dinner. Those stations include crafts, snack, games, hands-on-fun, gym, special rotation, and “move it.” In order to reserve their spot at Fundango, we ask parents to pay $5 a child, no more than $15 a family. On average, we serve 70-80 kids from 25-30 families at each event. This past year, we served 225 children ages 2 weeks to 18 years from 75 families. While we are playing, parents have an opportunity to take a break from parenting. They are refreshed and energized when they pick up their children. Fundango not only provides 3-6 hours of center-based respite each month, it gives families a temporary relief from everyday tasks in order to help reduce stress, to support family stability, prevent abuse and neglect, and minimize the need for out-of-home placement
- Need a break? Email us now to sign up your family!
- Want to help give a break? Email us now to sign up to volunteer!
- Do you have questions about Fundango? Please visit our FAQ page.
Each family will need to fill out:
- Family Registration Form (WORD | PDF)
- Child Registration form for each child attending (WORD | PDF) (Note: this will need to be filled out for ever child who will be participating at Fundango)
- Family Publicity Agreement (WORD | PDF)
- Fundango teen helper waiver (WORD | PDF)
Once completed, please scan and email to the Fundango Program Director.